Friday, February 11, 2011

Using a Professional Organzier

So Jared came home today and said that he thinks we should hire a professional organizer. Fine with me lol. Did he think I would be like "Oh no, no one is coming in here to help my decrease my clutter and maximize my space!!" ?
So he called a local company to ask how much they charge and get a feel for what all they do.
The woman said she charges $50 an hour(I don't know if that's a good rate lol) but that she likes to work at a quick pace. She comes prepared with stuff beforehand and all that jazz. Shes not a minimalist so she understands if *I* really don't want to get rid of something.
She asked Jared a lot of questions over the phone about us. I'm assuming to gauge how willing we were to get rid of things and if we were hoarders lol.
So she is coming on Wednesday to do an "evaluation" to see what she can do for us.

I said *I* in a previous statement because I will admit that I hang on to things.
No I dont keep trash, like wrappers and crap, but I do keep some things that most people would just toss. Like boxes for things. Mostly odd shaped things like Rylans piggy bank box with the original Styrofoam. I know we are going to be moving again and finding something that would fit that, very breakable thing, would be very hard. I did how ever let that go. OR like the boxes for the new printer and wireless router I just bought. The guy at walmart told me it would be easier to send them back if something was wrong since I got the protection plan, if I had the box too. I also saved the wrappers for the pieces of the printer just in case I needed to replace a piece I would know exactly which one I needed.
Awhile ago Jared and I did attempt to de clutter and we actually did A LOT. I threw away so much stuff.
I have a file box full of papers, instruction manuals, information papers I might need. I also recently went threw that and paired it down.
Jared thinks that the woman will say we have to many clothes. I think she is going to ask where all my clothes are. Seriously I have 2 pairs of jeans and 8 shirts! Jared on the other hand.......
Hes lucky I don't buy clothing like other women! Shoes too!

I am excited though that we can have someone help us get organized. I always just get so overwhelmed that I get no where. That is when I get the time to even try!

So have any of you ever used a professional organizer? WOULD you ever use one? Oh yeah, can anyone else admit they hold on to somethings a little to long lol?

0 comments:

Post a Comment