Friday, February 25, 2011

Is this uncommon

So I tried searching for tips on money saving/budgeting while in college. Everything Google brought up was for a single person.
There is not much out there(if anything) for someone with and established family. I know my situation is not that unusual. A lot of people go to college after they have their family, I guess none of them blog about it though lol.

So Ive had some ideas about what my upcoming posts are going to include.

1) School supplies on the Cheap.
*I had contemplated using my laptop but its not to reliable and fixing it will cost more than its worth. I also think I will retain more by simply writing and re writing my notes.

2) Books on the cheap.
*I only need about 6 books this first quarter but at least one of them is $100+ so Im going to do my best to find the least expensive option.

3)Scrub review.
*Since Im going to be a "medical" student I have to wear scrubs. Ive heard walmart has some pretty cheap Dickie's ones. I also found a website called Scrubsandbeyond.com that was then recommended by a friend, and the brand Laguna was also suggested.
I will probably just get the Dickies at first since I need them the first week of class but dont know if I need specific colors or not. Then later on I'll try out some from the website and tell you all how it goes!

4)Budget tips.
*Once I get a hold on how our budget will look I will tell you all how Im doing it.

5)College and FOOD!
*So since I will be in class from 8am to 3pm every day, with a 1hr break once day and half hour breaks the rest, Im going to have to figure out how to eat cheaply and healthfully.
Im thinking easy snacks I can munch on during my walk to my next class or (discretely) munch on during class(is that allowed lol).

Im really excited to have new things to blog about!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment