Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A little refreshment!

So with some news, this blog is going to take a new path!

I am officially a.........COLLEGE STUDENT!!!
Im so excited. I signed up for my classes yesterday, got my funding threw MYCAA approved and this morning got word that my data sheet got to the college for my Pell Grant.

MyCAA will be paying for all of my base tuition except for 1 class. You can only recieve FA for 6 classes a quarter with mycaa and I have 7. So I picked my 1 credit class to leave out. Its only $54 so not a big deal. Unless and until I receive my pell grant I will have to pay for that class and all the other "fees" out of pocket. That totals about $420.
My classes start the 30th of March.
The boys will be watched by my friend Lauren who has so amazingly agreed to an amount MUCH lower than what I would be paying at a daycare or someone who required minimum wage!
AND I will be looking for a car!!

So with that new, this is the turn the blog will be taking.

Budgeting while dealing with college and daycare.
My monthly cost for daycare will be $400. 8am to 3pm M-F.

This will change how our grocery's will be bought since no one will be home for breakfast or lunch and morning/mid day snacks.
I will have to budget for foods I can make at home and take to school with me, trying to keep it low cost and still healthy.
Once I do get a car I will also have to work in gas and insurance and the initial registration costs.

My next few post though will be about budgeting for the upcoming costs towards school supplies and text books, scrubs and the like.

So until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment