Friday, February 17, 2012

I've Found My Zen!

So along the way between, highschooler, wife, mommy, lady with deployed husband, supposed to be adult person, I lost the calm sense I once had. I am a person that needs alone time. Before real life hit, I had that time but didn't really realize that it was an intrgural part of me.
In the last 4yrs since having Rylan and Gabe, I haven't had much of that. Either not having the time, money, or lack of guilt for wanting to do things by myself.
Since moving home it's gotten easier.
I think I have found my zen routine.
There is a little bakery here called Daileys. It's amazing. So calm and clean and the food is amazing!
Last week I had to drop the boys off at day care pretty early but then had some time to kill. So I headed over to Dailys, where i had never eaten before.
I ordered the coffe of the day and steel cut oats with brown sugar, raisins, and strawberrys. It came with a small slice of blueberry loaf and some milk to put in the oats( I drank it though lol).
It was presented so well with garnish, the bowl was not to large bit enough to make me full. The coffe was amazing. And all for $7
Then I realized, "wait, I'm actually, visually enjoying my food before I eat it! When was the last time I did this???"
To long ago is the answer!
So I sat there, slowly eating and enjoying. Taking in all the cars passing by, people coming in and just being calm. I didn't think much more about anything. I just sat there.
Then some more amazing stuff happened. I couldnt wait to go pick up my boys. I know that sounds horrible but I enjoy my time and they enjoy their time at daycare(which is awesome!).
So I went and picked them up and the rest of our day was awesome! I was less stressed and so were they.

This morning I did the same thing. I feel wonderful. The slight bit of guilt for sitting here enjoying food with out them, is still slightly there, then I remember how good I feel, and how this will follow me threw the rest of the day.

I'm getting closer to that calm person I used to be and I like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment