Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 8

Day 8 - Post your favorite deployment photo (a photo of "see you laters", him coming home, or him deployed) and tell why it is your favorite

So Im bending the rules a little again. I can pic just one photo!
This is the first time Jared met Gabe. Because of the length of his deployment he didnt get to come home for Gabes birth. So this was it at about 2am to boot!
Photobucket

I love this one for 2 reasons.
1) He is in "full battle rattle" i.e. all gear. Which I find incredibly SEXY(who wouldn't lol)
2)He is actually SMILING! A true smile from Jared is elusive. I don't think he has a real smile in any of our wedding pictures!
(this was on his first tour)
Photobucket

Lastly this one.
This is our last Homecoming picture.
While it is AWESOME that we dont ever have to go threw a deployment again, there is something about the feeling of it that I will miss.
Some people may not agree with what Im going to say but its how I feel.
I DO NOT wish my husband to go back to a war zone ever again.
BUT I will miss the feeling of the moment he comes home. The moment I see him for the first time in real life after so long. The feeling of hugging him after so long. The feeling of seeing him with our children again.
Its a weird feeling if you haven't ever gone threw something like this. Its special, amazing and indescribable.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment