Sunday, September 16, 2012

5yrs old? NO!

August and September are big months for my family, much to my grandparents dismay. Maybe we just all enjoy Christmas and Newyears with our spouses a little to much!
There are a LOT of birthdays in these 2 months. 3 cousins in August and 4 of us in September. Brother Dj turned 22 on the 4th of September, Cousin Dj turns 23 on the 23rd, I turn 24 on the 24th and Rylan turns 5 on the 26th. Oh wait and I have an Aunt whos birthday is on the 4th also!
The big one though is obviously Rylans birthday.
My first born baby boy is turning 5! 

How is this even possible! 
Hes supposed to be this big!

Nope Im going crazy because he is actually this big.
(bonus pic of Gabe :))

He can write his name, recognizes all the letters of the alphabet and has a crazy imagination .
He draws such cool pictures and tells funny stories and jokes.
He loves angry birds, power rangers and shares his Daddys love of plains and helicopters.
Hes sensitive and thoughtful, and curious.
He is forever talking about anything and everything, I call him Chatty Carl.

Im going to recount this all now because I wont be at my computer on his actual birthday.
The situation surround Rylans birth and my pregnancy were a little crazy.
Jared and I had been together for a year and engaged for about 3 months when I found out I was pregnant. He had just come and gone for Christmas leave and was back at Ft. Campbell KY. So he found out over the phone.
I was a senior in HS, we had planned on waiting to get married until after I graduated Culinary school in Portland. 
I cant remember when we found out, before or after I got pregnant, but he was set to deploy in late September. The same day as my due date and first day of culinary school. 
So we decided to get married earlier. No way was he going to a war zone with out us being taken care of, should anything happen.
We married a month after I graduated HS, I was 6.5 months pregnant.
After we got married I planned on going back to Ft. Campbell with him for a few weeks, just a visit. While there we came to the realization that If I did not stay there with him, there was very little chance of him getting to be there for the birth of our son. Between the Army letting him stay behind, not knowing exactly when I would have Rylan and, if we would even have the money to get him home, to much was uncertain.
So we decided that I would stay. That was a VERY hard phone call to my mom, who was very upset(it ended up ok though). I felt terrible but I did what I felt was best, Jared deserved to see his son born before heading to war.
I was 4days past my due date when I started having contractions. I labored at home from one afternoon threw the next day. By 11pm my contractions were perfectly spaced for an hour. I wasnt in to much pain but I didnt want to have my baby in the car, so we went to the hospital. 
When I was FINALLY checked(after an hour of sitting there), I was already at 7cm. 
They got me to my room and set up, they told me if I did not get my epi right then, then I wouldn't be able to get it. So I did lol!
I slept for a while, passed out, threw up and the next morning around 7ish, Rylan graced us with his presence. 
We got to spend the next 13 days with Jared, I left KY about 3 days before he left the states. Leaving and taking our child with me was incredibly hard knowing it would be a long 15months and hoping for R&R to hurry up.
Rylan was such an easy and happy baby. The flight home was good and there were so many helpful people. A woman and her daughter helped me with my bags off my last flight all the way to where my mom was standing. They had asked my story, as did many people that day. A young girl with a tiny baby flying, draws a lot of attention. 
The woman helping actually started crying when she saw my mom and I hug.
I wish I knew what her name was so I could thank her for her kindness.

Here is another picture so I can recollect my thoughts.
He looks like a sweet little elf!

So as we approach his 5th birthday and his new "big kid" status, its crazy to see all the changes in him. 
I wouldn't change a thing about our situation because I have such an amazing little boy to hug and cuddle for as long as he will let me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment