Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The story of Gabriel- Happy Birthday!

I'm still in shock that 2yrs ago today I gave birth to the chubby little person, who at the moment, is standing on a toy looking out the window in just his diaper. He refuses to put pants on, not even comfy ones and I have to chase him just to change his diaper. Where did this strong willed child come from? It's not like this is new though, he was just a stubborn 2yrs ago!!!

I figured in tribute to my little monster, I would right out his birth story for all to see. So here it goes.

Jared got back from his first deployment in November of 08. Rylan was 14 months old and we were living at Ft. Campbell KY. Around Christmas, while on leave here in WA we decided we wanted to try for another baby. It didn't happen right off so we figured with the move coming up it would be best to wait until we got settled back at Ft. Lewis. We moved in April of 09 and I waspregnant very soon after and announced to everyone I was pregnant on Mothers Day!
My pregnancy was fairly uneventful, morning sickness that lasted all day and doctors check ups. We were hoping for a girl, one of each. Jared was able to be there when we found out we were having another boy. I can't quite remember what we did with Ry.
My due date was December 31 2009, we were hoping for a new year baby though!
Then the hard Part happened. In November just after thanksgiving, jared had to deploy again. His dwell time was up and the rest of his unit had left already. There was good and bad. The good is that he would only be one for about 9m, the bad is that there was no possible way for him to be there for Gabes birth, no leave at all.
By this time Meghan had moved up with us knowing I would need help with Ry and Ayer Gabe was born. Pregnancy wise everything was going good, I was over weight when I got pregnant and was gaining "to much" according to my doctor. That much weight was just to much for my small body, breathing was very difficult.
Jared was already in Afghanistan when we finally decided on a name for him, it was the same with rylan though, it took forever! After much talk we decided on Gabriel Allen Bailie!
December 31st came and went with no sign of Gabe. I did have one appointment where my blood pressure was high but it went away, I knew it was the fact that my 190lb self had to walk from the very far end of the parking lot UP to the hospital and threw. Huffing and puffing the whole way, people looking at me afraid Gabe was going to fal right out!
So we decided on n induction date, January 10th 1010!
My mom and Myles came up the day before, and my mom had a good laugh at me trying to bend over to clean up a spill. Gabe was so low I had to Sumo squat!
The day came and at 7am we made out way to Madigan Army medical center. I got all settled in my bed awaiting my IV. With both boys I tested positive for group B strep and had to have the antibiotics, which they felt the need to put in my left wrist, most uncomfortable IV ever!
The first nurse couldn't get it and was actually hurting me so she just got up and walked away and my new nurse did it!
Then I was given the pitocin and my water was broken.
Contractions with rylan were manageable. Painful but managed by walking and breathing, I labored at home and only went in when my contractions had been going for more than hour. And I only went because I didn't want to have him at home.
Pitocin induced contractions were HORRIBLE!!! Front and back and I couldn't walk! I asked for an epi at 4cm and had it by 5cm. With Rylan I got mine when I went in at 8cm and the pain was still manageable!
Time escaped me so I don't know what time it was but at one point I sat up to tel my mom that I was going to throw up. I had done this with Rylan, while I was pushing actually. It's the contractions.
Well I only got half way threw my sentence when I asses out. Next thing I know the air mask is being put on my face and I'm turned on my side. Again this happened with rylan except I didn't actually pass out. Apparently both of our heart rates had dropped. All was good after a bit though.
Unfortunately my mom had to fly back that day to get back to work. I completely understood and was not hurt by it, she HAS to work. My doctor decided I was close enough to try a few trial pushes. 1 push was all I got before a team of other doctors and nurses come running in because Gabes heart rate had dropped dangerously low. This time it wasn't conning up as quickly. Eventually it did but had it not, I would have had a c section.
Just after that was when my mom had to leave. It was a very sad moment, she wasn't there for Rylan either since we were in KY.
So that left me completely alone since Meghan took my mom to the airport 45 min away.
My doctor decided to do bother trial push, without breaking down the bed or putting on her delivery armor.
I had told her before that it only took about 5 pushes with Rylan, but I don't think she beloved me.
So while one nurse held one leg and I held my other, I pushed.
I was instantly told to STOP, Don't even LAUGH or he will fall out! I see all the nurses running around trying to set stuff up and my doctor putting on her stuff.
There was no time to break the bed down, 3 more pushes, one for his head, one for his shoulders and 1 to help the rest along!
That was it! He was set right on my chest and I helped clean him off. His checks were so huge and he was so big!
At 5:55pm I welcomed my 9lb 12oz oinker into the world! Everyone was in shock at how big he was. Everything was perfect health wise and I convinced my doctor to let me go 24hrs PP with the promise of a check up the next day.
Meghan and rylan returned to the hospital about 20min after I had him and my mom was actually still at the Seattle airport waiting to board her plane!
I was able to talk to jared threw out the day, his superiors knew I was having him and would let jared call periodically. We actually talked just before and just after Gabe was born!

The last 2yrs have been crazy. He is such a funny child. Much more stubborn, strong willed and independent than Rylan. He borders on difficult sometimes but then he does a dance for you and your heart melts!

So here is a big happy Birthday to my little GAbiegoober!

0 comments:

Post a Comment