Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 1 of the Envelope System

So I was kind of thrown off track today because Jared has CQ until tomorrow morning, which means I had to do only some of the grocery shopping today by myself. Tomorrow morning I(or all of us) will be going to the farmers market for some more veggies and fruits, and after Jared sleeps we will go to costco.
Im only posting about grocery's for now because its or first big expense.
Instead of getting $350 I only pulled out $300. 1 because you cant get $350 out of an atm lol and 2 because I think we can do it on $300.
My list wasnt long but I did have to add some thing for Jared for CQ.

ORIGINAL LIST

*Chicken Breasts
*Beef
*MIlk
*Bread
*Cheese
*Eggs
*Onions
*Green peppers
*Buns
*Mac'n Cheese
*Turkey Dogs
*Yogurt
*lunch meat
*Veggies
*Bananas
*Flour
*sugar

*tortillas
*tomato sauce/paste
*celery
*whole chicken
-the bold items I did not get. we are waiting to get those at Costco tomorrow.

My most expensive purchase was Jareds 2 deli sandwiches for tonight and that was $7.98
My least expensive was a yellow onion for 32 cents

Including Jareds snack foods(chex mix, sandwiches, trailmix). At the commissary I spent $75.86
I gave $80 so my change was $4.14. $4 went to the baggers who helped me out and 14cents goes in the change jar.
So I count $80 as my grand total for the commissary.

Next I went to the px for Jared.
*monster energy drink-2.99
*mma magazine-5.39
*mens health mag. -4.49
TOtal-$12.87
Change-$7.13
$7 given to Jared and 13cents in the change jar.

TODAYS TOTAL-$99.86


Now here is what I actually got
-3pkg of baby snacks
-applesauce
-3cans pasta sauce
-3cans tomato paste
-1bag chili beans
-1leamon water
-1 honey tea
-5pkg mac 'n cheese
-2pkg tortillas
-1pkg fajita mix
-1pkg food containers
-1box eggs
-1gal milk
-3can biscut dough
-1whole chicken
-2pkg lunch meat(3lbs)
-1pkg bacon
-1pkg turkey dogs
-1pkg buns
-1pkg stew meat
-1pkg steaks
-2med heads of broccoli(about 2lbs)
-1head coliflower
-1pkg celery
-1 red bell pepper
-1 yellow bell pepper
-1 yellow onion
TOTAL-$75.86

The haul
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment